Saturday, September 24, 2011

NFL 2011 Week 3





Billy Rubin:

CLE -2 vs MIA - 3 Nuts: Miami's probably not that bad a team, but this is their first road game. I know they've been a better road team under Sparano, but I still think playing at home should play to Cleveland's advantage in this game. Miami's D has been far from stout so far this year, although they've played two of the better offensive teams the first two weeks. Cleveland's offense hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard either, but I think this might be just the right circumstances for the Browns to cover.

DET -3 @ MIN - 2 Nuts: Hopefully this isn't just me trying to make up for not going big enough on Detroit last week. Division game on the road, I know, but I think the Lions should be able to pass all over Minny. I really hope this isn't the week Stafford's shoulder breaks this year.

CIN - 2.5 vs. SF - 2 Nuts: I wasn't sure if I should go with this game, against my hometown Niners, or Baltimore over St. Louis, but the line for Baltimore keeps moving in the wrong direction for my liking, so I'm taking the Bengals. Niners first road game and it's an early game. Those factors and the fact that the Niners haven't be very good at all in any facet of the offensive game should be enough for Cincy to win by a field goal and let Cris Collinsworth finger his asshole in peace. There are a lot of moving pieces in this game though, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Niners shock it/Bengals implode.

0-2-1 (-5 nuts)

Blue Whale:

HOU at NOR -4 2 Nuts: Saints will not go down at their house

KAN 14 at SDG 2 Nuts: I'm not trying to start any mess. Kansas City can't be that bad. In a divisional matchup it's hard to take the favorite in a double digit spread. Kansas City has weapons and I think with McCluster getting touches out of the backfield, he adds a nice dimension to the offense. Haley is in the hot seat and this is a must win situation for him and the Chiefs. Plus the reason why I'm taking the Chiefs is because they are a two TD dog in this matchup and the book is offering a moneyline wager for this game still. Public is heavy on both the Chargers spread and ML by 79% each. Nothing is easy in Vegas.

JAC 2.5 at CAR 2 Nuts: Again I am going against the concensus here as the public has jumped on the Cam Newton Bandwagon with 79% on the Panthers ML. Newton is electrifying but this is the NFL where teams will eventually figure you out. Newton is 0-2 for a reason, he has 4 picks to his 3 tds. Granted it is still early in the season but teams will exploit that weakness. Blaine Gabbert will prove to be an exceptional upgrade from Luke McCown and hopefully spread the defense just a little to create space for MJD to run amuck.

2-1 (2 nuts)

known associate:
sf at CIN -1. 3 nuts
- niners 13 bengals 8. a win is a win is a win (unless you bet cincy). go niners.
ne at buf OVER 54.5. 2 nuts
- pats 31 bills 34. ea$y.
WAS +3.5 at dal. 2 nuts
- skins 16 tony romo 18. uhh, i still don't know what to make of this game.. but i'll take it.
you blow, she go. you pop, she stop. (one nut.)

Not Your Typo:

NYJ -2.5 @ OAK: 2 nuts
ATL +1 @ TB: 2 nuts
ARI -3 @ SEA: 3 nuts
0-3 (-7 nuts)

records through week 2:
Billy Rubin: 5-1. +11 nuts.
Not Your Type: 3-3. 0 nuts
known associate: 2-4. -3 nuts
Blue Whale: 2-3-1. -5 nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment