Friday, January 21, 2011

Help Save Webster the Cocker Spaniel

For those who don't know me, I love Cocker Spaniels. Well, I love dogs in general, but I really love Cocker Spaniels. On Facebook I follow one particular Cocker Spaniel rescue group based in Southern California - Camp Cocker. They seem to do really good work and they genuinely care about the dogs they rescue. The woman who runs the rescue group has a regular job and basically operates Camp Cocker in her spare time. Needless to say, boarding, rehabilitating and providing medical care for up to 20 dogs at one time can be expensive, so Camp Cocker is always seeking donations. I'm a monthly donor myself, which makes me feel like I'm doing something good for the doggies.

Camp Cocker recently rescued a three year old male Cocker Spaniel from a high kill shelter in the Los Angeles area. His name is Webster. I haven't read too much about him or watched his videos, mostly because they make me sad, but he looks to be in pretty bad shape. He's coughing up fluids and he'll likely need a lot of medical attention.

I'm not quite sure who, if anyone, reads this blog, but if you love dogs and you can spare some money, maybe you can help Webster out by donating some money via the ChipIn link below. Per there website: Camp Cocker Rescue operates under the 501c3 of Katrina Dog Rescue, Tax ID #20-8687566. So, any donation would be tax deductible.

If you want more info about Camp Cocker, visit their website linked above or follow them on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment