Thursday, March 25, 2010

Album of the Week: Wild Young Hearts

Once again, I'm just a little late with this post. Last week I listened exclusively to the Noisettes' second album, Wild Young Hearts. I was put on to the Noisettes by known associate sometime last year, but I just threw the album in my itunes and only listened to it randomly on shuffle. Last week was the first time I really paid attention to any of the song, and, I must say, I was pretty impressed. The lead singer, Shingai Shoniwa, has a powerful and unique voice, although at times it can get a little too Ertha Kitt-ish. At time, the Noisettes are reminiscent of something Mark Ronson might have a hand in, but they also remind me of Josie and the Pussycats sometimes - the 2001 movie version - which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think I had more to say about this album about four days ago, but I've since forgotten and become engrossed by the subtle innuendos of Serani


No comments:

Post a Comment